Chicago Transgender Resources
Chicago transgender resources are abundant. We’re fortunate to have many transgender resources in the Chicago area. We have compiled a list of transgender support resources and professional care. Browse through our list of support groups, physicians, mental health professionals and trans-related services. Bear in mind that transgender care is becoming much more mainstream so we might recommend that you ask for referrals from your local area friends. You may also search Google to locate additional resources. Please contact us to notify us of trans-friendly businesses that should be included in this guide.
Chicago Transgender Support Groups
- Chicago Gender Society – Chicago transgender social and support group.
- Gender Queer Chicago – Peer moderated meetings for gender variant people.
- Chi Chapter – Chicago cross-dressing and transgender support organization.
- Howard Brown Health – Various transgender programs and groups.
Chicago Transgender Social Services
- Center on Halsted – Chicago’s LGBT Community Center is very transgender friendly, offering a number of trans programs.
- Equality Illinois – Advocates for equal rights for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people in Illinois.
Chicago Transgender Mental Health Professionals
- Compassionate Counseling – Gender identity concerns, LGBT issues.
Chicago Transgender Care Physicians
- Howard Brown Health Center – Provides a number of transgender healthcare and wellness programs in the Chicago area
Chicago Transgender Care Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery
- Dr. Zukowski
3612 West Lake Av., Wilmette, Illinois 60091
Chicago Transgender Care Dentistry
- Amber Dental Dr. Michael Koehne
319 E Roosevelt Rd, Wheaton, IL 60187
Electrolysis and Laser Hair Removal
- Kelly, Inc. Electrolysis
715 Lake St., Suite 300 Oak Park, Illinois
- Karen’s Electrolysis Studio
2328 Charmingfare Drive, Woodridge, IL 60517
- Suzanne Anderer Hair Removal
8206 Woodvale Rd., Frankfort, IL 60423